Racing at Eldora

Went to my first race at Eldora Speedway last week. It was Nextel night and some of the stars from Nextel Cup were there. What an experience! We camped at a local fairground and drove to the track through the farmland of the Ohio countryside.
The race was a blast and I got to see and talk to Kenny Wallace as I was getting his autograph. He couldn't have been nicer. What you see on TV is what you see in person.
It was a night race and we didn’t have very good seats but enjoyed it nonetheless.
It was a charity event put on by Tony Stewart and they said there were 22 thousand people there. I wouldn’t doubt it. I know at least 10 thousand were ahead of me in line for food.
Next year we’ll try to go again but do a few things differently. Now that we know how it works we look forward to a great time next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment