MQN Quilt Show

Went to the MQN quilt show in Lansing this past weekend. Wow, was it great. It wasn't so big as to be overwhelming. The parking was plentiful and close. It wasn't so crowded that you couldn't move. The lighting was fantastic.
But, best of all, the quilts were great. It is amazing the amount of talent out there. I'm torn between being inspired or just wanting to quit. I, by no means, am capable of "art" quilts. An art quilt is truly a work of art.
The trouble is I'm not good at creating something from my imagination. I'm also not good at following a pattern. I need a pattern for the idea but then my quilts never turn out like the pattern. Somewhere along the way I get bored or make a mistake and then I'm off on another path.
I learned a long time ago to accept my limitations. I do not expect my quilts to look like the one in the magazine, even though that was my inspiration. I also learned to never expect my quilt to be perfect. I accept my little faults and think of them as quaint. You know, the "humble stitch" thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment